So I thought I was going to be all about Loki/Thor (which I am, but) you guys I NEED TO READ ALL THE LOKI/TONY, NOW.
New fandom obsessions are fun. :)
Here are my recs; please share if you have more. I am in ~insane obsession~ mode enough that I will even read WIPs. Or gen that has Tony and Loki interacting. Anything.
* Desiderata by stereobone – Loki gets cursed to fall in love with Tony. 30,000 words of goodness! Great characterization, plot, action, and porn–what more can you want?
* Debt by Storynerd – Another 30,000+ epic. :) This one gets the characterization so perfect and the action scenes are fabulous. I love how she writes the characters being drawn to each other, Tony being drawn to danger and intellectually fascinated by one of the rare things he doesn’t understand (magic) and Loki’s underlying emotional neediness pulling him in despite himself.
And others I liked:
* The Loki Problem by elizamechanicka – In which Loki catches a cold that makes his magic go wild. (I read a humor fic! Me!)
* Blood and Mercy by theorytale – Which has lots of tension and characterization and a good mix of ~woobie Loki~ who is also a dark scary villain.
* From a Seed by theorytale – I read mpreg? IDEK.
Part of why this ship works is that they are both self-destructive and made out of ~issues~ but also they are both witty and entertaining and smart… they end up sparking off of each other in so many interesting ways. I’m finding myself reading things I would never usually read, because the characters are so entertaining together.